While some female celebrities tied the knot in 2018, the story was different for some of their colleagues.
Becca, Sarkodie, John Dumelo, were part of the 10 celebrities who got married in 2018 according to an earlier report by YEN.com.gh.
However, that privilege eluded others including Nana Aba Anamoah, Gloria Sarfo, and Sandra Ankobiah, who, no doubt, were expected by many to get married and they themselves wished so for themselves.
YEN.com.gh brings you a list of seven top female celebrities who were expected to get married in 2018 but which never happened.
1. Nana Aba Anamoah: The eloquent TV presenter already has a son from an earlier relationship which YEN.com.gh understands happened while she was still a teenager. She has been very active in her career and so far, Nana Aba has been very successful. Many people believe that the only thing she is left with to make her ‘complete’ is marriage. Nana Aba had been rumoured to have dated some ‘big men’ including Prince Kofi Amoabeng of the defunct UT Bank, and a security officer, but she is yet to get married. Though she has successfully hidden her age from the public, Nana Aba is believed to be in her mid 30s.
2. Yvonne Okoro: The beautiful actress is widely expected by her fans and followers on social media to get married. Also, in an earlier report, controversial Counselor Lutterdot advised her to get married soon because she was growing old. Yvonne herself had earlier expressed the desire to get married saying when she finds the right person, she would gladly settle down. Apart from her fans, it is also obvious that Yvonne’s family also wants her to settle down. She is on record to have said that many men feel intimidated to approach her because of her status in society. In a show monitored by YEN.com.gh in 2018, Yvonne revealed that she was dating, adding that she wanted to keep that relationship private till the right time comes to make it public. Perhaps, the right time is still underway and YEN.com.gh wishes her the best of marital favour in 2019.
3. Gloria Sarfo: The Kumawood and Efiewura actress also expressed the desire to get married in 2018 but that did not happen for her. In an earlier report published by YEN.com.gh, Gloria revealed that she wished to marry, but she was duped by a man she was dating.According to her, unknowingly, the man was only in for her money and not for real love. She explained that it took his family to disclose to her that the man was seeing another lady and was only enjoying Gloria’s money. She was hurt more when he finally got married to another woman. All signs are clear that Gloria wishes to have her marital prayers answered in 2019 and may it be so for her.
4. Yvonne Nelson: Mama Ryn, as some call her, was also expected to get married in 2018 especially following her childbirth in 2017 with her British baby daddy, Jamie Roberts. After the birth of Ryn, Yvonne was seen “all over” with Jamie and so hopes were high that the two were preparing to get married but 2018 passed without that expectation being met. Their relationship has been on and off, according to rumours heard by YEN.com.gh. Every woman wishes to settle down with the man of her dreams, especially, the man of her child. Therefore, YEN.com.gh wishes Yvonne Nelson and Jamie Roberts the best of marriage favours for 2019.
5. Sandra Ankobiah: The trained lawyer who is also a talented actress, according to her best friend Nana Aba Anamoah, was “still single even though she is beautiful”. Rumours were rife that Sandra was seeing another woman’s husband, but we cannot substantiate that. Fans and followers expected Sandra to get married in 2018 but that was not realized. It is hoped that she would be among those to find their soulmates in 2019.
6. Lydia Forson: Lydia was also among those expected to get married in 2018 but that did not happen. Her love life has been one that the media know little about, therefore, her wedding would be much of a surprise to her fans and followers and it is hoped that 2019 would be her year.
7. Delay: The expectation for Delay to get married had been long held by many Ghanaians. The media mogul as Delay calls herself, is a successful business woman and entrepreneur and as usual, it is expected that she would settle down so as to be ‘complete’. But in an Instagram post sighted by YEN.com.gh, Delay revealed that she forgot to marry in 2018 because she was so busy. Whatever the case, YEN.com.gh wishes Delay who is reported to be in her late 30s, marital favour for 2019.